Waterproofing failure in buildings has become a significant problem for the industry as the cost of investigation and rectification is exceedingly large. The Australian Institute of Waterproofing is committed to promoting
- best practices in waterproofing
- industry awareness
- professionalism alongside trade qualifications and experience
- Identify some of the major failures of waterproofing membranes 2 2.3.
- Evaluate why current waterproofed areas leak and identify the defects hidden in waterproofing membrane and how to eliminate them 8 8.3
- Identify the importance of using compatible full waterproofing system in building particular end use areas
- Describe how to identify what products can be used in particular end use areas 3 3.37
Disclaimer: All images are for the product representation only. The information contained is only for general educational purposes. The document may contain omissions, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. It is not a legal document. Use it at your own discretion and always seek professional advise for specific circumstances. Refer to all relevant codes, standards, guidelines for compliance. Every effort has been made to assure that the information is up to date as of April 2016.
1. Identify some of the major failures of waterproofing membranes 2 2.3.