Considerations for Specifying Sustainable Architectural Building Products
$0.00 – $20.66
* Updates coming to comply with 2019 NCC.
It has been noted that almost 70% of architects and designers report that finding green products represents at least a medium challenge when they work on sustainable building projects, with close to 20% saying the importance is high. This module reviews the means and methods available to research architectural products with a focus on optimising human health, environmental performance and promoting environmentally sustainable development. It details how advanced building information and technology continues to change the green building market.
- Understand where to find sustainability and performance information for comparison between a wide selection of building product types and materials.
- Discuss green building standards, labeling programs, and details to include in specifications.
- Be able to describe the variables of building product selection that impact sustainability and occupant/ tenant health, including effects on productivity and comfort.
- Achieve a greater awareness of the future of green building trends and practices.
Who May Benefit from this Module: The module maybe of interest to all architects and interior designers looking to improve their understanding around issues of sustainability including labelling, product selections and future trends and practices.
Disclaimer: All images are for the product representation only. The information contained is only for general educational purposes. The document may contain omissions, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. It is not a legal document. Use it at your own discretion and always seek professional advise for specific circumstances. Refer to all relevant codes, standards, guidelines for compliance. Every effort has been made to assure that the information is up to date as of April 2016.